Doctor of Ministry (D. Min.)
The Doctor of Ministry program is designed to provide advanced studies for ministers who hold the M. Div. degree to enhance their spiritual maturity, theological understanding, and to promote their skills in the practice of ministry.
The goals of this program are to enable the students to be more effective in their field of ministry, and they consist of three aspects: biblical and theological, personal and ministry.
1. A Master of Divinity degree or its equivalent with a GPA of at least 3.0 (B or 83.5-86.4 %). Applicants with lower GPA may take two courses first and will be accepted with average total grade of B or above. Applicants with an M.A. degree or its equivalent must complete the M. Div. requirement prior to completion of 18 credit units of D.M. courses.
2. At least three years of experience in full-time ministry with good standing after receiving the M. Div. degree. Applicants with only two years of ministry experience after receiving the M. Div. degree may apply only if they have over two years of full-time ministry experience before the M. Div. degree. Applicants with M.A. degree must have five years of experience in full-time ministry with good standing.
3. Recommendations by two church leaders.
4. English proficiency in both reading and writing.
Program Content and Arrangement
1. The student must complete 34 semester units (30 units of course and 4 units of dissertation)
2. Courses are offered under the following five categories: Biblical studies, pastoral ministries, mission, pastoral counseling, and other. Students may not take more than 5 courses under the same category.
3. All courses are offered in the form of intensive teaching. One-week intensive classes with instruction of four hours each day. Each course weighs 3 semester units.
4. D. Min. program follows the terms of winter semester (Nov. to Mar.) and summer semester (Apr. to Sep.).
5. Winter intensive courses: offered from January to February each year on main campus. There will be four to six courses offered each winter.
6. Summer intensive courses: offered from June to August each year on main campus. There will be six to eight courses offered each summer.
7. Minimum enrollment for each course is five students per class.
Duration and Location
1. The program must be completed between 3 years (2 semesters each year) to 6 years. Students may petition to extend for one more year.
2. Courses taken off-campus or transfer credit should not exceed two fifth of total units. And total of these two should not exceed half of total units. At least half of total units must be taken at main campus.
PTS815 Spiritual Formation in Local Church (3)
TSS870 Dissertation Methodology and Research (3)
TSS872 Dissertation/Graduation Project (4)
1. Complete 34 semester units (dissertation included) with a GPA of 3.0 (B or 83.5-86.4%) or above.
2. Finish the dissertation and pass the oral defense of dissertation.