The Diploma of Christian Studies (Dip.C.S.) program is to prepare lay people serving in ministries for the Lord in local churches or para-church organizations. It offers a series of basic theological training.
To prepare lay people to engage in personal growth and serve in ministry more effectively. Target group Lay leaders, Sunday school teachers, fellowship advisors, short-term missionaries, and early retirees who seek to serve in the ministry.
- A Bachelor or higher degree from an accredited four-year university or seminary with a GPA of 2.67 (B- or 80%) or above.
- Have been converted, and baptized for at least two years.
- A demonstration of maturity in personal and spiritual life, with two recommendations from church pastors or leaders.
- The ability to understand Mandarin.
- Proof of English proficiency is required. Minimum TOEFL score of 470 / 52 (TOEFL iBT). (Applicants with a Bachelor or higher degree from English speaking schools are exempt from this requirement.)
The program can be completed in 1-year full-time study. Part-time students may take up to maximum of 5 years.
Old Testament Studies (6), New Testament Studies (6), Theological studies (3) Practical Theology (3). For the remaining 6 units, students may select any courses based on their own needs and interests.
The degree can be obtained with completion of 24 semester units. Students may select courses according to their own pace and schedule. Students do not need to quit their jobs to pursue the diploma. All credits earned are master program credits and can be transferred once the students are admitted to master programs.