正道福音神學院獲得美國禮來基金會（Lilly Endowment Inc.）一百萬美元的專案基金，將設立 「驅動人心的講道中心」，以幫助美國華人基督教團體中有使命抱負的傳道人（神學院學生）和專職傳道人。
- 策略二：該中心將為現職的牧者提供專業進修教育。中心的核心功能是提供證書課程，學員除了參加最新的講道方法研習課程外，授課老師還會對學員進行個別輔導，在他們各自的事工背景下給予指導。導師會定期徵詢聽道會眾的反饋，跟進學員的進步和改善情形。 成果將彙整為研究和效益評估的數據，再回報給中心。
- 策略三：該中心將設立傳道人的輔導小組，基於神學院相同的 “Dream-12 Communities” 的牧養關懷小組。 這些由證書課程的學員所組成的小組，將由小組導師帶領。導師們不僅指導小組成員講道，而且還藉由相互的同伴支持，促進靈命的成長。
禮來基金會宗教部的副總裁 Christopher L. Coble 說：「我們很高興這些機構即將開展這項事工，促進和支持傳道人的講道，以致能更好地啟發、鼓勵和引導人們認識和熱愛上帝，並充分地活出基督教信仰生活。正當牧者們在竭力接觸和吸引教會內外日益多元的聽眾，這些機構的專案將服事並幫助許許多多這些有使命有抱負的當代牧者。」
About Lilly Endowment
關於禮來基金會（Lilly Endowment Inc.）是一個私人慈善基金會，由 J.K. Lilly Sr. 和他的兒子們 Eli 及 J.K. Jr. 於1937年通過捐贈他們的製藥企業–Eli Lilly and Company 的股票所創立。雖然這些捐贈仍是基金的財務基礎，但它是一個獨立於公司的實體，有一個獨立的管理委員會、工作人員和地點。根據創始人的願望，基金支持社區發展、教育和宗教的相關事工，並對其家鄉 Indianapolis 和印第安納州 Indiana 保有特別的承諾。該基金會宗教資助的主要目的是深化和豐富美國基督徒的生活，主要是透過協尋及支持各方的投入，增進會眾的活力，並且強化牧者和平信徒在基督教群體中的領導力。此外，該基金會還透過公平、精確地闡述宗教在美國及全球的重要性，增進公眾對不同宗教信仰的理解。
News Release for recipients of grants for Compelling Preaching Initiative
Logos Evangelical Seminary has received a grant of $1,000,000 from Lilly Endowment Inc. to help establish “Center for Compelling Preaching” (“the Center”) to help aspiring preachers (seminary students) and practicing preachers among Chinese Christian communities in America.
The Center will use three strategies to achieve its purposes.
- Strategy 1: The Center will conduct research on the needs and challenges facing Chinese preachers in America and methods of more compelling preaching. This will make the design and pedagogy in training aspiring preachers based more on research and resources.
- Strategy 2: The Center will offer continuing education to active preachers. The core of the Center’s offering is a Certificate program. Besides taking classes on cutting-edge preaching methods, participants will have individual attention from preaching coaches to give them guidance in their own ministry contexts. Their progress and improvement will be tracked by requiring them to regularly solicit feedback from their audiences. The results will be reported to the Center both as research data and as data for assessing the program’s effectiveness.
- Strategy 3: The Center will create mentoring group communities of preachers, building on the same methodology of “Dream-12 Communities” implemented by the seminary. These communities, formed with Certificate program participants, will be led by mentors. The mentors not only coach the group members in preaching, but also foster spiritual formation by mutual peer support.
The project is being funded through Lilly Endowment’s Compelling Preaching Initiative. Logos Evangelical Seminary is one of 32 organizations receiving funding in an invitational round of grants for the initiative, which is designed to help Christian pastors strengthen their abilities to proclaim the gospel in more engaging and effective ways.
“We are excited about the work that these organizations will do to foster and support preaching that better inspires, encourages and guides people to come to know and love God and to live out their Christian faith more fully,” said Christopher L. Coble, Lilly Endowment’s vice president for religion. “Their programs will serve a significant number of aspiring and current preachers who are working to reach and engage increasingly diverse audiences both within and beyond congregations.”
The Compelling Preaching Initiative is part of the Endowment’s longstanding interest in supporting projects that help to nurture the religious lives of individuals and families and foster the growth and vitality of Christian congregations in the United States.
About Lilly Endowment
Lilly Endowment Inc. is a private philanthropic foundation created in 1937 by J.K. Lilly Sr. and his sons Eli and J.K. Jr. through gifts of stock in their pharmaceutical business, Eli Lilly and Company. While those gifts remain the financial bedrock of the Endowment, it is a separate entity from the company, with a distinct governing board, staff, and location. In keeping with the founders’ wishes, the Endowment
supports the causes of community development, education and religion and maintains a special commitment to its hometown, Indianapolis, and home state, Indiana. The principal aim of the Endowment’s religion grantmaking is to deepen and enrich the lives of Christians in the United States, primarily by seeking out and supporting efforts that enhance the vitality of congregations and strengthen the pastoral and lay leadership of Christian communities. In addition, the Endowment also seeks to improve public understanding of diverse religious traditions by supporting fair and accurate portrayals of the role religion plays in the United States and across the globe.