- Born-again Christians called to the ministry of theological education and/or research.
- A master-level degree in biblical studies or equivalent from an ATS-accredited school. (A Th.M. degree with an overall GPA of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale is preferred.)
- Proof of English proficiency is required. A minimum TOEFL score of 575 / 91 (TOEFL IBT) is required. A minimum GRE Verbal Reasoning score of 156 is required.
- Three letters of recommendations. A demonstration of personal and spiritual maturity, with recommendations from one church pastor and two seminary professors.
- A major research writing sample of 7,000-10,000 Chinese words (4,500-6,500 English words) written in the last three years.
- A personal history essay, with CV attached.
- Submit a program study plan.
- The ability to understand Mandarin.
- Complete the Ph.D. Online Application.
- Request official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended. Transcripts must be official, that is, mailed directly from your schools in a sealed envelope to: Logos Evangelical Seminary, Admissions Office, 9358 Telstar Ave, El Monte, CA 91731. (For Logos graduates, please submit a Transcript Request to the Academic Office.）
- Submit TOEFL score (our institutional code: 8548) and GRE Verbal Reasoning (our institutional DI Code: 7172).
- Submit an application fee of US $100.00 (non-refundable).
AFTER YOU’VE FILED:
- You will be notified of items needed to complete your file.
- Once your application is complete, an interview will be arranged. Foreign and overseas applicants will be interviewed by Skype.
- After review and interview by the Ph.D. Committee, an admission decision will be made. Notification of decision will be sent by mail.
- Complete and return the Admission Contract to the Admissions Office within two weeks.
- F-1 international students: Please submit an I-20 Application Form, along with a copy of your passport and affidavit of support to the International Student Office.
- If you intend to live in the student dormitories, please complete and return the Dormitory Application with a $100 deposit to the Student Development Department. (Checks payable to “Logos Evangelical Seminary.”)