Students who come to the United States to study must apply for an F-1 student visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in their home country. Spouse or children will need to apply for an F-2 dependent visa if they will be accompanying you to the United States. (Canadian citizens are exempt from the visa requirements.)
To apply for an F-1 visa, you must first obtain a SEVIS I-20 Form from the International Students Office at Logos. After you have received your I-20 and paid the SEVIS I-901 Fee (www.FMJfee.com/i901fee), you will need to make an appointment with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate located in your home country to complete your visa process.
Required Documentation for the Visa Application:
- SEVIS I-20 Form
- Form I-797 (paper receipt for SEVIS fee)
- Affidavit of support; bank statement and letter of sponsorship
- Admission acceptance letter, transcript(s), registration form, etc.
- 2×2 photograph of yourself
- MRV fee receipt (receipt of the visa application fee)
Please consult with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate located in your home country for specific visa application fees and other required documents.
- Taiwan: http://www.ait.org.tw/zh/visa/niv/
- China: https://www.usembassy.gov/china/
- Others: http://usembassy.state.gov
For more information about the visa application process, please visit: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html