F-1 Visa

F-1 Visa

Students who come to the United States to study must apply for an F-1 student visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in their home country.  Spouse or child will need to apply F-2 dependent visa if they will be accompanying with you to the United States. (Canadian citizen are exempt from the visa requirements).

To apply for an F-1 visa, you must first obtain a SEVIS I-20 Form from International Students Office of LES.  After you have received your I-20 and pay the SEVIS I-901 Fee (www.FMJfee.com/i901fee), you will need to make an appointment with U.S. Embassy or Consulate located in your home country to complete your visa process.

Documentation required when applying visa:
-SEVIS I-20 Form
-Form I-797 (Paper receipt for SEVIS fee)
-Affidavit of support; bank statement and sponsoring letter
-Admission acceptance letter, transcript, registration form, etc.
-2X2 Photograph.
-MRV fee receipt (receipt of the visa application fee).

Please consult with U.S. Embassy or Consulate located in your home country for specific visa application fee and other required documents.
Taiwan: http://www.ait.org.tw/zh/visa/niv/
China:  https://www.usembassy.gov/china/
Others:  http://usembassy.state.gov

More information about the visa application, please visit: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html